Monday, December 14, 2015

IDP Showcase Experience

                        IDP Showcase Experience 


When we were first assigned the IDP I thought that it wasn't gonna be that serious, so as I usually do, I don't work on it until a week or two have passed. Luckily, we got to choose who we wanted to be in our group no matter who it was, we just had to have it done by the night on which they were showcased. I chose my four closest friends and we assigned each other our part that we were interested in. I was assigned body effects, which I thought was the most interesting. After about two weeks our teachers began to tell us to show them our parts and or power point. When it was my group's turn we didn't have anything done. After being embarrassed by that we decided we would meet up during our free time to work on our IDP. We decided to go to our friend's house. After working on the IDP for the whole day, we got most of the power point done. Now all we needed was to establish what we were going to say. The problem was that the IDP was in two days and we had to have grandiloquent language for what we were going to say and we had to practice our creative element. The pressure was real. Skip one day and we all had our speeches ready and revised by our English Teacher. Even our power point was top notch work. We were finally done. But now, our nerves began to do their work. Personally, when I was much younger I had to speak to an audience, so I wasn't bothered very much at the fact that we would have an audience but, I was still nervous that I could have choked. Very luckily, there was only four people we would present to, besides our parents. One of them was actually our science teacher which made us feel confident. Finally, we were done. We were very proud because we didn't use flash cards, and we also didn't look up at the power point to read off of it. This IDP showcase was a success from our end. Our topic was Pertussis. A big thing that I will do next time is start the power point and my part early when we get the IDP assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment