Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thanksgiving

                      Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving is the day that we spend time with our families and eat with them, even though we should do this normally. Most people spend the whole week of thanksgiving together doing things like playing football, or bike riding, things like that. Thanksgiving was made an official holiday in 1789 when George Washington when he issued the first Thanksgiving proclamation. Several other places around the world, like Canada, also celebrate a holiday that is similar to that of the thanksgiving we celebrate. Over the years we have come up with essential traditions for Thanksgiving. For example eating a turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving has become a staple. Although I believe that as long as you you keep what Thanksgiving is supposed to sentimentally, it doesn't matter what your tradition is. You just have to absolutely be with your family and loved ones, or else Thanksgiving just isn't what people end up making Thanksgiving to be. 





I am thankful for:
  1. My family
  2. My friends 
  3. My loving dog
  4. The little things my mom does
  5. Being able to own a family business
  6. Having two brothers
  7. My awesome cousins
  8. Being able to make it to high school
  9. For having a good first year of high school

No comments:

Post a Comment